Argumentative essays are a way for students to explore a topic in depth and discuss what they believe.
These type of essays can get complicated, but there are some easy argumentative essay topics you can explore if you’re just getting started.
Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
1. Is the current education system effective? Are there ways it could be improved?
2. what is the impact of technology on our daily lives? Is it more positive or negative?
3. Many people argue that the death penalty is cruel and unusual punishment. Do you agree or disagree with this stance? Why?
4. There is a growing trend of people working from home instead of in an office. Do you think this is a good or bad development?
5. Are single-sex schools more effective than co-ed schools?
6. What is your opinion on gun control? Should there be stricter laws governing who can and cannot own firearms?
7. Are beauty pageants harmful to young girls?
8. Should the drinking age be lowered from 21 to 18?
9. Are zoos necessary or should all animals be left in their natural habitats?
10. Should athletes be paid salaries in addition to their winnings/sponsorships?
Creating an argumentative essay can be fun and challenging at the same time.
The goal is to take a clear stance on the issue and develop an argument supporting your position through evidence and analysis.
Whatever topic you choose, make sure you’re passionate about it and have access to reliable sources so you can backs up your claims. Good luck!