In a problem-solution essay, you analyze a problem and propose a method for solving it. The key to a good essay is to choose a problem that is interesting to you and that you can present a unique solution for.
Here are five intriguing problem-solution essay topics to get your creative juices flowing:
1. How can we make public transportation more efficient in our city?
2. What can be done to reduce the amount of plastic in the ocean?
3. How can we make our schools more inclusive for students of all backgrounds?
4. What can be done to combat climate change?
5. How can we make sure that everyone has access to clean water?
When writing your problem-solution essay, there are a few key things to keep in mind:
1. Clearly state the problem in the introduction and explain why it needs to be solved.
2. Propose a unique solution that has not been proposed before. A good way to do this is by looking at other possible solutions and explaining why they will not work or are not practical.
3. Discuss the implications of your proposed solution and how it would positively impact the problem at hand.
4. Back up your claims with evidence from reliable sources. Be sure to cite any sources you use in MLA format.
5. End with a call to action, urging the reader to adopt your proposed solution.